gnome terminal kill kills session

William John Murray W.J.Murray at rl.ac.uk
Fri Jan 20 10:25:15 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 10:21 +0000, William John Murray wrote:
>   Hello there,
>         This has happened to me twice since the latest 'yum upgrade'.
> But now I cannot make it happen again. Does it occur for anyone else?
>
>    I just clicked on the little 'x' in the top right corner of my gnome
> terminal and was booted out, X-server restart, back to log in screen.
>
>    Bill
The curse of gnome (See private eye for UK readers)

   No sooner had I sent that, than I clicked on a little button I
have which executes:
   gnome-terminal -t"MY-NAME at A-MACHINE" -e "ssh -Y MY-NAME at A-MACHINE"
and the session quitted.
   So it is not just closing terminals, but also opening them, which
can cause a crash trouble.
    Bill
Ps: gnome-terminal-2.13.2-1