Gnome panel clock

David Nielsen gnomeuser at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 13:13:53 UTC 2006

fre, 20 01 2006 kl. 18:13 +1030, skrev n0dalus:
> On 1/20/06, David Boles <dgboles at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > I was asked why the GNOME panel clock calendar displays weeks that begin with
> > Monday.
> >
> > The other questions are. Can it be changed to begin with Sunday? And, of
> > course if possible, how to change it? If not, why not?
>
> I could be wrong, but I think it uses the system locale to determine
> what day the week starts on.

You'd be right, provided the application actually reads that bit of
information. Which leaves me in the situation where the clock applet
says the first day of the week is Sunday and Evolution Calendar says in
Monday - in the same session mind you. The worst bit is that for once
Evolution is right, in Denmark Monday is the first day of the week.

I think this insanity warrents a bugreport.

David *I hate mondays* Nielsen
--
Obligatory shameless blog plug - The GNOME commentary located at
www.lovesunix.net/blog