Missing Dependency: libgsf-1.so.1

David Boles dgboles at comcast.net
Fri Jan 20 17:32:43 UTC 2006

Paul Dickson wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:26:06 -0600, James wrote:
>
>> [root at lancer ~]# yum update
>>
>> --> Running transaction check
>> --> Processing Dependency: mysql-gui-common for package:
>> mysql-administrator
>> --> Processing Dependency: libgsf-1.so.1 for package: libwpd
>> --> Restarting Dependency Resolution with new changes.
>> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
>> ---> Package mysql-gui-common.i386 0:1.1.6-1.fc4 set to be updated
>> --> Running transaction check
>> --> Processing Dependency: libgsf-1.so.1 for package: libwpd
>> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libgsf-1.so.1 is needed by package libwpd
>>

>> What am I missing here?
>
> Which version of FC are you using?  My libwpd requires libgsf-1.so.113 (FC5).
>

> 	-Paul

Look in the archives for my thread - RPM database question. I got very good
help with finding duplicate package names with different version numbers in
the RPM database.

I had the same, or similar problem, and removing the 'old package' and leaving
the 'newer package' solved my dependency problem.

--

  David