Single PPC Boot and Rescue ?

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Fri Jan 20 20:43:02 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 15:31 -0500, Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:
> Is there any reason why these two can't be merged into a single disc?
>
> FC5-test2-ppc-boot.iso         12-Jan-2006     37M
> FC5-test2-ppc-rescuecd.iso  12-Jan-2006     103M
> They just about look identical. Almost anyways; what am I missing?

The rescue disc is identical to the boot disc but it also contains the
stage 2 image that is used for starting install or rescue mode. Yes,
this means that the boot disc is completely superfluous; you can achieve
the same effect with the rescue disc by passing "linux askmethod".

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/