FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 04:14:13 UTC 2006

On 1/20/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:
> We have processes in place to do this. Kickstart can do this for the end
> users too. Just use that.

what would be super especially fantabulous is a reasonable useful
webinterface by which people can "pre-order" kickstart files to use
before they have an existing fedora install. Right now kickstart is
really oriented to replicated install situations where its quite
reasonable to expect people to have a testbed system locally which
sees a normal fedora install and post-install customization from which
a kickstart file is generated in preparation to rollup multiple copies
of that configuration.

For people who want to one-off an install and short-circuit the normal
installer blabbity-blah, they need to get a kickstart file from
somewhere.  We can either have community comtribute some starting
point kickstart files to the wiki, or a clever person could go the
extra mile and cook up an web interface that generates kickstart files
 via some Q/A for package selection and post-install configuration.

-jef"its a sad day... my 3com audrey won't reboot"spaleta

-jef