Mplayer Deps.

CodeHeads ch at code-heads.com
Sat Jan 21 06:15:13 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 12:38 -0600, Justin Conover wrote:

> On 1/20/06, CodeHeads <ch at code-heads.com> wrote:
>         On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 10:58 -0600, Justin Conover wrote:
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         > yum install compat-gcc-32\*
>
>         OK, done but.....it is not showing that gcc-32 is installed,
>         through $
>         rpm -q gcc:
>         gcc-4.1.0-0.14
>         gcc-4.1.0-0.15
>
>         but when I do a $ yum search gcc-32 it shows it is installed.
>
>         Am I missing something simple? or am I loosing my mind!! LOL
>
>         --
>         ~WILL~
>         Public Key: 0x21715193
>         Key: http://code-heads.com/keys/ch.asc

> rpm -qa compat\*
> rpm -qa *\gcc\*
> rpm -qa | grep gcc
>
> export CC=/usr/bin/gcc32

Thanks for that!! :)  OK, here is the report:

I was able to install Mplayer and the GUI BUT......when I click the icon
under Applications -> Sound & Video -> Mplayer it pops up a screen that
i cannot read because it disappears so fast. I am assuming it is still
looking for XFree86. :(

I just tried to compile xine, but it is asking for XFree86, seems like
all the video players are written for the XFree86.

I also tried the rpm from here:
http://atrpms.net/dist/fc5/mplayer/ BUT....the deps were *very* long!!
LOL  Looks like I will have to try to track down all the deps.  Let's
see what happens.