FC5t2 shutdown problems

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Sat Jan 21 06:42:59 UTC 2006

On Friday 20 January 2006 21:32, Joshua Andrews wrote:
> I running in run level 3. When I go to reboot all services are stopped
> until a final message says "INIT: nothing left to do", or something like
> that, and then it just hangs there and requires a reset.
>
> I am not sure exactly what mechanism provides reboot function. SysVinit
> checks out ok with rpmv so I'm not sure where to look for the cause.
>
> Thanks,
> - Joshua

I'm making an assumption that you're using the "shutdown -r now" command.  Is
that correct?

What happens if you try "shutdown -h now"?

After you reboot, what is shown in /var/log/messages for that period?

Have you performed an upgrade yet or is this the initial install w/o upgrades?

Tom

--
Tom Taylor
Linux user #263467