FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Arjan van de Ven arjan at fenrus.demon.nl
Sat Jan 21 09:52:48 UTC 2006

> - It would also be really cool if you could click a button on the
> package selection screen during installation, and say 'I only have
> Fedora CDs 1 and 2'. It would then grey-out any packages that would
> otherwise require you to have more CDs.

an alternative to this would be to have like only 1 or 2 "core" cds, and
all others be "themed" cds. Like a "OpenOffice.org" themed CD. A "KDE"
themed cd, or a "desktop" one if gnome and kde fit on the same cd. Maybe
a "Advanced Development tools" cd.
That way you have a logical result when you don't have a certain CD, and
you know why you're not downloading that specific CD (or why you ARE
downloading that one).