Mplayer Deps.

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski rathann at icm.edu.pl
Sat Jan 21 16:19:34 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 02:42:16AM +1030, n0dalus wrote:
> On 1/22/06, David Nielsen <gnomeuser at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> > Regardless of this MPlayer has serious patent infrigement problems and
> > the design of their system makes it unsuitable for packaging with Fedora
>
> Yep, like many other OSS multimedia players. I don't think it's hard
> to disable these when you compile it.

Thankfully not everyone lives in the US so some of us don't have to put
up with stupid US patent system and law. I think that's exactly why
such software is being written in Europe, and not in the US.

> Please don't spread FUD.

I couldn't agree more. Thanks.

Regards,

--
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann*at*icm.edu.pl>
Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling