FC5T2 - not ready for prime time.

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Jan 22 01:13:58 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:

> So while the bug(s) may seem obvious to you, unless your exact hardware
> is sitting in my cube it isn't going to seem very obvious to me.  I am a
> bit hurt at the implication that we don't even bother to test our
> release before we send it out the door.

You shouldn't be. Have you forgotten the users' perspective so soon? If
one puts as much effort into installing it as the OP appears to, then
the conclusion that there's been unsufficient testing is a reasonable
one for a user to make.

Hinting that BZ is a good idea is fine, but I for one find it a royal
pain to use, and nobody's found time to write an email (or similar)
interface that Mike Harris agreed was a fine idea before he joined RH.

More important is asking for the specifics of what went wrong, and
asking in _this_ forum is way more likely to get related input from
others than you could hope to get with bugzilla.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait