FC5T2 - not ready for prime time.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sun Jan 22 12:12:13 UTC 2006

John Summerfied wrote:

> Jesse Keating wrote:
>

>> So while the bug(s) may seem obvious to you, unless your exact hardware
>> is sitting in my cube it isn't going to seem very obvious to me.  I am a
>> bit hurt at the implication that we don't even bother to test our
>> release before we send it out the door.
>

> You shouldn't be. Have you forgotten the users' perspective so soon?
> If one puts as much effort into installing it as the OP appears to,
> then the conclusion that there's been unsufficient testing is a
> reasonable one for a user to make.
>
> Hinting that BZ is a good idea is fine, but I for one find it a royal
> pain to use, and nobody's found time to write an email (or similar)
> interface that Mike Harris agreed was a fine idea before he joined RH.

Talking about throwing the baby along with the bathwater. If Bugzilla is
not optimal, lets fix that problem instead trading one set of pain with
another by switching to a new tracking system unless bugzilla is non
fixable. List specifically all the gripes that you have with bugzilla or
even better help us fix it.

--
Rahul