Not sure if this is the correct behaviour or not - OOo and languages

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Jan 22 13:13:09 UTC 2006

Hi,

I write a lot of text in both German and English (mainly as I'm learning
German at night school). I have the OpenOffice German language pack
installed and have English (UK) set as the default language.

The problem is this. I have English and German in the same document
(usually German - English translation). To use the German dictionary for
the German, I select the text, right mouse, select character and change
the language for the highlighted text to German (Germany).

When I press F7, the German dictionary is used (which is correct),
however, if I need to add a word, only the English dictionary is
available (which isn't right to my mind - it should be the dictionary of
the language being checked).

This is reproducible, but I'm not sure if it is a bug or not (I'll file
it in the big red lizard though and let Ciolan decide). What do others
think?

TTFN

Paul
--
"wir kamen, wir sahen, wir traten ihren Esel" - Dr Venkman, Ghostbusters