FC5T2 - not ready for prime time.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sun Jan 22 13:52:33 UTC 2006

Hi

>> You need to be much more specific than that. Can you produce mockups
>> of what the interface and workflow of what you believe is needed?
>

> Not really. I've done almost no UI design in almost 30 years.

Well we need to corner down issues into a much more specific level somehow.

>> I am not sure. Database performance is a definite bottleneck on many
>> occasions
>>

> On Debian's BTS?

Not specific to one tracking system.

>> Maybe. We cant use presumptions to change a working product.
>

> Feel free to ask mdz @ ubuntu.com - he could tell you.

Done ;-)

>> I dont think Red Hat or Fedora is going to dump its entire history of
>> bugs to move into bts unless bts is far more advanced and provides
>> capabilities that cannot be inherited into bugzilla.
>>

> I don't think I said any thing of that kind.

What are you suggesting then?

> Would that help Mike Harris sort out video problems? I think it would.
>
>> Not sure what video problems you are talking about. Got a bug report?
>> Why dont you ask him whether dumping bugzilla is what is needed to
>> fix any video problems?. He is not in this list but he is on
>> fedora-devel list and hangs out all the time in #fedora-devel.
>>
> As I recall, Mike spends most of his life these days fighting bugs in
> xorg software, much as he has since he was hired, I little before
> Valhalla I think. Whenever anyone has a hardware-related problem (or
> question), the first question is "What's the hardware?" I know, I ask
> it on fedora-list often enough, two or three times today at a guess.
> Surely, Mike asks it too?

Solution to that problem is fixing the darn client interface like
bugbuddy and the messaging system like XMLRPC to gather information from
system hardware when bugs are filed. No amount of fiddling bugzilla or
any other bug tracking system is likely to help there.

--
Rahul