FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

gb spam gbofspam at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 13:53:20 UTC 2006

On 1/19/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:

I would just like to add my voice to the "I miss the install
everything" crowd.  I use it.  I value it.  It works for me in my
scenario.  None of your "its bad because..." reasons (which are valid
in many situations, btw) apply to me.  I would like it back.

> Everything installations are generally a bad idea.

Generally, but by no means always a bad idea.

Perhaps we should get the "yum install \*" option removed from yum
then, and removed from kickstart too?  I'm joking, of course, but I
hope that you can see that by providing workarounds you are validating
our viewpoint.