repoview goodness

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jan 22 14:26:08 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:

>http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/x86_64/repodata/
>
>Each arch has its own repoview.  You should be able to use your favorite
>mirror to look at this too.
>
>Hopefully this will be of some help to those of you wanting a way to
>look at new packages, package information, group information, etc...

Very nice! I guess this is totally automated, no developer/packager
required now that it's configured ?

Perhaps the developers could add searches by provides (show me what
package installed this file (rpm -qf)) and requires (list of all other
packages that need this package).

Also, with the new installer major package groups, perhaps an additional
layer could give the major group, a central area particular to the
group, and the actual packages on the right, to keep consistent with
anaconda ?
  DaveT.