FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Edwin Olson eolson at mit.edu
Sun Jan 22 16:04:29 UTC 2006

> Can you explain to me a few different use cases which makes it a good
> argument to be available by default other than selecting package
> groups, kickstart and using yum . Please explain with rationale
> instead of just stating your preference.

I install to my laptop and travel often without internet access.

It's not uncommon for me to want some particular tool which isn't
automatically installed, and it's very frustrating if I'm on the road
and don't have the tool(s) that I want.

I'm afraid of missing a tool during install that I might have a need for
on the road, so an 'everything' install is nice.  (Not to mention that
it gets old in a hurry having to discover which tools are missing and
installing them as I discover them.)

-Ed