FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 16:08:00 UTC 2006

On 1/22/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> > The problem is, folks don't want to go through each category and
> > select "everything" they like the simple one click and done option.
>
> Again just dont keep telling me you dont like to do this. Tell me why it
> needs to be a single click?. Present the different scenarios where
> everything installation is useful enough for the end user to be
> prominently visible as a option?

Going through the list and selecting everything would be a pita, the users
that want the "everything" have already stated why they want it back.  I'm
on the side of the fence of "I don't care, I've never installed everything
in 7 years and I never will".  However, I can see from this string of
e-mails "why" it is important to some and I really wouldn't want to go
through each category and sub category to select each item either, seems it
would be very time consuming and all around a pita.

>   Me personally, I like the "minimum" check box but thats gone too :)
>
> This is a valid point I guess.
>
> --
> Rahul
>

> Minimum I think is more valid than everything, for reasons like were folks
are limited to dial up or something slow and pulling down 5 iso's over a
week or however long that would take would just be horrible.
1.) download 6mb boot.iso
2.) http install with minimum
3.) yum install what you need as you go

I don't have a d/l problem my self, I just like to install minium and put
what I want on there sometimes.