SELINUX file contexts FUBARed in fresh install?

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Sun Jan 22 17:16:23 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> If you have the latest updates

OK, I'll wait until the udev/hotplug dependencies have been fixed first

> and you have relabelled your filesystem

anything more that a "restorecon -R /" required?

> Yes that can be a bother but it requires discussion you can
> post to fedora-selinux list about it. Part of the development process of
> ensuring that we dont end up with a broken release.

No problem, one reason I'm here is that I want to see FC5 in good enough
shape to upgrade a bunch of our FC3 servers, I have to admit that I blow
hot and cold on SELINUX, I know what it protects against and like the
idea, but it seems to do quite a lot of shooting at it's own feet ...