FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 23:27:42 UTC 2006

--- goemon at anime.net wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Though I am not a developer I already presented
> what I believe to be
> > compelling arguments against it. Remember again
> that every feature has a
> > associated cost.
>
> is the cost of an 'everything' button really so
> unreasonably high?
>
> > It has very obvious harm. I remember so many times
> where users had a messed
> > up box that I had to help them recover in #fedora
> channel. various
> > administrative and security issues not to mention
> that a "everything"
> > installation is not one really since Fedora Extras
> is not supported yet in
> > the installer. Now your personal preference is
> that you somehow like it but
> > it does require a better defense than that.
>
> Some of us dislike clicking jillions of buttons on
> every install. This
> seems a step backwards for FC.

I agree with you Dan.  The idea of a custom
install[Install Everything] should not be removed.  It
is time consuming to click on too many buttons.  Keep
the layout, it is excellent but please bring back the
custom install option.  I understand the need to make
specialized options, i.e, for language customizations,
selecting packages, etc.  The changes in Anaconda are
nice, but why get rid of a good thing "The everything
install".

Best Regards,

Antonio