Mplayer and Screensaver

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Jan 23 01:47:15 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 14:23 -0800, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Dear fedora-test-list subscribers,
>    I have downloaded FC5Test2-i386-DVD and installed
> it on two machines.  So far so good.  I only have a
> question regarding Mplayer and the screensaver
> the screensaver kicks in after 10 minutes despite
> using option -stop-xscreensaver

Perhaps this is because GNOME now uses gnome-screensaver instead of
xscreensaver? What does 'rpm -q gnome-screensaver xscreensaver' say?
On my system I get:

	gnome-screensaver-2.13.5-3
	package xscreensaver is not installed

hence xscreensaver is not installed.

Maybe mplayer is doing something wrong and/or needs to use new inhibitor
interfaces provided by gnome-screensaver...

HTH,
David