FCT52 Installation Report

WNK Consulting, Ltd. wkomornicki at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 23 02:49:46 UTC 2006

I have tried several times to install FC5T2 on a laptop with a Pentium III.
I tried upgrading from FC4 and a clean installation.

The first time the installation took over 20 hours and resulted in not
beeing able to launch X.  Each of the next two times took less time but
resulted in the same error.  I finally tried a fresh install which took
about 7 hours but resulted in the same error that Fedora could not launch X.

I have reverted back to FC4 but am interested in trying a new installation.
--
Wojciech