Yum Question- FC5T2

Ian Burrell ianburrell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 03:27:10 UTC 2006

On 1/22/06, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/22/06, Ian Burrell <ianburrell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't know if the CDs have a repodata directory.
> Disk1 of the cdrom set does. And the DVD should as well.
>
> Anyone with the dvd iso should be able to loopback mount the dvd iso
> and use it like a repository without much extra work.
>
> Anyone using the cdrom isoset will have to do some extra work because
> they will need all the rpms in a single tree by copying the cd
> contents to disk.  Or they will have to generate repodata again per cd
> and configure each cd as a different repo.

I think it would be useful to have a script which took the CDs or DVD
or even the ISO images are copied them to the hard disk as a local
repository.  This will help everyone who doesn't have a good network
connection.

BTW, I submitted jigdo to Extras.  It assembles ISO images from the
files and a template.

 - Ian