Release Notes Section - yum

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 04:09:07 UTC 2006

Hi

> This is great but there is one problem overall: dependencies.  These
> haven't been a problem as of today (though right when fc5t2 just came
> out there was a problem also), but for some reason, today's updates
> came out with dependency problems.  One when something like "hotplugs
> (version) is needed by...".  Sorry for not being specific enough, but
> I'm currently not in linux and thus am unable to specify in more
> detail.  Just wondering if there's anyone else with such problems--and
> possibly if this will be resolved anytime soon.

Dependency issues are not related to release notes. The hotplug/udev
issue known. You can read this list and fedora-devel list archive for
details. Yes they are likely to fixed in the build. Meanwhile see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/yum and run this command to
workaround the problem

# yum update --exclude=totem\* --exclude=udev

--
Rahul