system-config-kickstart doesn't start

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Jan 24 05:14:13 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 23:20 -0500, Richard Hally wrote:
> You guys that were saying use kickstart were pulling my leg right?
> Ok, so I tried system-config-kickstart. It would not start.
> bug 178759 filed.
>
> The last line of the error says: "Please make sure the comps package is
> installed". Well, I have everything installed and there is no comps
> package! there is no comps package in the devel(rawhide) either. So I
> copy the comps.xml file from /var/cache/yum/development to the location
> specified in the error message. s-c-kickstart still fails to start.
> What a joke-- it wouldn't even start.
>
> Good luck with your kickass kickstart ha ha ha. =8)

Thank you for your testing.  I would assume that the majority of our
kickstart users have crafted their files by hand or have carried over
files generated in previous releases of system-config-kickstart.  It is
entirely possible that nobody has tested this app yet.  (thats another
thing I have against full installs, people claim that it installed, but
they've never ran it or tested it....)  I will follow your bug report
and make sure that this is working by the next test release.

Again, thank you for your testing.