Fedora floating screensaver stutters

n0dalus n0dalus+redhat at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:08:57 UTC 2006

Hi,

Since FC doesn't come with much 3d hardware acceleration support, is
it a bit too much to assume that computers will be able to run the
default screensaver? I have a very good computer and it is still very
jerky when running the screensaver. I'm sure installing Nvidia/Radeon
drivers would fix this but since Fedora doesn't come with them, I
think we should either work to make the screensaver faster, or choose
a different default for FC5.

What do other people think about this? Do other people experience this slowness?

n0dalus.