HELP: "PCI: Fail to allocate mem resource

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Thu Jan 26 03:35:02 UTC 2006

What does this mean/imply?

Right after the "Uncompressing Linux" line of the boot, I see the line

    PCI: Failed to allocate the mem resource #6:20000 at 48000000 for 0000:01:00.0

when I boot 2.6.15.1.
When I boot 2.6.11, there is no such message.

This is on an Intel D945Gnt motherboard with a 3.2GHz Pentium4.

This motherboard has online video/sound/ethernet, tho none of these work
with Linux (ok the video works marginally)

I have added an nvidia 6600 video card, a soundblaster 24 (not working yet)
and a D-Link ethernet adapter.  I pulled everything but the video card but
still get the same error message...

Really would like to get this system working...

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com