FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 12:15:01 UTC 2006

> On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 23:02 -0500, Richard Hally wrote:
> > > You are the first for this release.
> > This is the first release that doesn't have it. ;)
>
> What happens next release when Extras is available in the installer.  Or
> any other repo?  Sure you want EVERYTHING installed?

With yum, I'm not quite sure an Everything install is really needed
anymore, but I should surely be able to select faster what I want to be
installed -- choosing each category, then going into details and
selecting all the optional packages as well doesn't quite cut it.

Now that I think about it, one thing I actually liked about the MS
Windows (98) installer was how I could just check a complete group of
software which would give me the whole stuff with all optional things.

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com