FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 16:46:56 UTC 2006

Nils Philippsen wrote:

>On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 20:03 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>>No it doesnt. I made my argument with detailed rationale on why I
>>believe it is not useful in general cases. If you disagree with me, feel
>>free to do so but I would like to hear a detailed set of use cases that
>>make it a convincing enough argument for Anaconda to support it for end
>>users apart from Kickstart capability.
>>

>What most people complain about here is AFAICS that we completely
>removed (instead of just hid) an option they valued and that was a well
>tested (by them), supposedly no-brainer sort of code path, very much
>unlikely to give any problems down the road.

You are thinking about this from the development perspective. The code
base is a no brainer but from the support perspective the number of
issues that a everything installation has caused is innumerous.
Specifically in Fedora, try doing a everythings installation of FC4 and
try running yum update. Watch GFS module packages fail.

--
Rahul