Fedora Core 4 Test Update: udev-071-0.FC4.1

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Jan 27 03:37:04 UTC 2006

Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 18:35 -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
>

>>have you changed any options in the bios ?  Usually this happens
>>if you disable/enable 'combined mode' (sometimes referred to as 'legacy')
>

> Can't find anything like this in BIOS.
>
> I'm on a DELL Inspiron Laptop that's about 2 years old.  Not sure it
> would have a Legacy option (or need one).
>

> R.

Legacy support is also referred to as USB keyboard with the choice of
enabled. It is for support for windows 2000 and before era systems where
the keyboard "looks" like a ps2 device to the operating system.

Device conflicts are common with this legacy support enabled. Entering
safe mode though for older MS systems and earlier alternative OS
versions does not work however without legacy support.

I have an HP laptop where it is referred to as legacy support and had to
be disabled in order for my laptop keyboard to function. If you don't
need the BIOS feature, disable it.

Jim

--
Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while.