keyboard lost

Tom tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 27 19:35:15 UTC 2006

    While I've been a Linux user for well over a decade, I've only
been usin Fedora (fc5-t2, updated daily) for less than a week. For
the past 8 years I've run Mandriva (cooker, also daily updated).
Currently I dual boot, sharing /boot, swap an a few /stor partitions,
all ext3.

    This mornin I was using the fc5 system (my new default ;) for
about an hour when the keyboard stopped workin. The system runs 24/7.
Log out, an back in as root, the keyboard was working. So I created
another user. Loggin into that user, the keyboard was workin. All the
same after a shutdown, an reboot.

    Any ideas as to what happened?  I don't have a clue. This was
before FC5 updates this mornin. I had an idle root term open on
desktop4, I had pan d/l'g an archive (which I do again now), an had
just started to read my mail in kmail when the kybd died.
--
	Tom Brinkman		Corpus Christi, Texas