Broadcom BCM43xx appears in system-config-network as eth1 in FC5T2

Stanton Finley stanfinley at comcast.net
Sat Jan 28 06:34:51 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 20:40 -0500, Pete Graner wrote:
> You need to lower the rate:
>
> iwconfig eth1 rate 11M
>
> Works for me...
>
> Pete
>
> --
> Pete Graner                                email: <pgraner at redhat.com>

Thanks for the suggestion Pete, but unless I'm doing something stupid,
(which is not uncommon), no joy. I've tried with and without WEP
encryption, different rates, Managed and Auto, DHCP and fixed IP, but
from the kernel logs it seems to be a problem with associating and
authenticating. I've been combing the threads at
http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/bcm43xx-dev/ looking for a clue.
Perhaps a future kernel with a future softmac or dscape stack will fix
this.

Stanton Finley
http://stanton-finley.net/