pup/yum updates package, but it doesn't get updated

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jan 30 10:16:30 UTC 2006

David Timms wrote:

> Starting pup again, it finds all 12 packages as still ready for
> update, including the rhgb package that it just did:
> (pup detail for rhgb)
> rhgb - 0.16.2-21.i386 updates rhgb - 0.16.2-20.i386

This morning I again used pup to get available updates, including those
that wouldn't resolve yesterday. This seemed to succeed with no errors.
But pup still showed rhgb as needing update, which I tried. The machine
was then restarted during the day, and pup run again: pup still
indicating that rhgb was ready for update, but with the same update for
rhgb that had already been done. Telling it to go ahead caused the
update to install, yum log:
Jan 30 18:16:49 Updated: rhgb.i386 0.16.2-21

Running pup again no longer shows rhgb as being outstanding. So I can't
give any further information on what might have been going wrong.