pup/yum updates package, but it doesn't get updated

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Jan 30 11:57:33 UTC 2006

David Timms wrote:

>> Starting pup again, it finds all 12 packages as still ready for
>> update, including the rhgb package that it just did:
>> (pup detail for rhgb)
>> rhgb - 0.16.2-21.i386 updates rhgb - 0.16.2-20.i386
>

> This morning I again used pup to get available updates, including those
> that wouldn't resolve yesterday. This seemed to succeed with no errors.
> But pup still showed rhgb as needing update, which I tried. The machine
> was then restarted during the day, and pup run again: pup still
> indicating that rhgb was ready for update, but with the same update for
> rhgb that had already been done. Telling it to go ahead caused the
> update to install, yum log:
> Jan 30 18:16:49 Updated: rhgb.i386 0.16.2-21
>
> Running pup again no longer shows rhgb as being outstanding. So I can't
> give any further information on what might have been going wrong.

The problem might now be corrected by work on selinux-policy. Probably
the %post scriptlet was getting a denial with error 255 which
interrupted successful installation. It was cerimoniously installed by
pup, which then continued on with its update duties.
Good news that it succesfully installs now.
Jim

--
Where do you want Bill Gates to go today?

    -- From a Slashdot.org post