Xorg problem: What happened to XRaiseWindow?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 15:06:50 UTC 2006

> > When calling XRaiseWindow under Fedora, it does come to foreground when
> > covered by another window, hmmm?  This used to work especially in RHEL
> > 3.  However, it does not work in FC5T2 or RHEL 4.
>
> Are you seeing a subtle glow in your task list for the application
> instead?

No, a couple of releases ago (FC3 possibly but can't remember) the
applications use to fade in and out in the bottom panel. Which was
great as I could see which things (like an IM chat) that needed
attentsion. But I don't see that sort of thing now (at least FC4+), or
is this something you can enable.

Pete