FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Horst von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Sat Jan 28 22:55:46 UTC 2006

Chris Tyler <chris at tylers.info> wrote:
> > I'll add my voice to this chorus - please put the "everything" option back.
> > Put a warning in if you deem it necessary, but don't remove the option. Linux
> > is about choices - let us, the end-users, decide.
> > --
> > Claude Jones
> > Bluemont, VA, USA

> Another $0.02 ... From the perspective of long-time a college prof.
> teaching students who are learning Linux through exploration -- I
> appreciate the 'everything' button and would very much like to see it
> (or an easy-to-use equivalent) remain in FC5.

Yet another...

One of the first things I (try to) teach prospective Linux users is to set
up their system with care, and know what they are installing (and what they
will need it for). Blank CDs are cheap enough, keep a spare copy of the
distro at hand (or download what you need, we keep an unofficial local
mirror for that).