HELP: "PCI: Fail to allocate mem resource

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Mon Jan 30 19:07:34 UTC 2006

> > What does this mean/imply?
> >
> > Right after the "Uncompressing Linux" line of the boot, I see the line
> >
> >     PCI: Failed to allocate the mem resource #6:20000 at 48000000 for 0000:01:00.0
>
> Try booting with 'pci=noacpi' parameter? ACPI codes changed a lot
> recently.

Tried it, but all it did was add a line of error messages, now I see

    Uncompressing Linux ...
    BIOS bug, no explicit IRQ entries, using default mptable (tell your hw
vendor)
    PCI:  Failed to allocate ...

I do see a couple of mentions of the same error message over on the
linux-kernel
list, so Im not alone.  Will try one of the 2.6.16-pre kernels and see if its
been magically been fixed.

At least its not just me.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens