yum leaving multiple versions installed

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 21:23:33 UTC 2006

Noticed today that yum (or yumex, I barely use pirut) has been leaving
multiple version of software installed, just to be clear this isn't a
i386 and an x86_64 version of the same package, it is two numerically
different versions.

This has been affected about 50 packages in total, some lib*, lots of
gnome*, some xorg and a few *.noarch, so no particular area.

I have had a few yum updates hang (due to the gcj-dbtool hanging?) so
this might explain it, I've manually tided up the dupes now.

Since I can't say what brought this on and can't repoduce it at the
moment, I'm not planning to bugzilla it, unless anyone else sees it too,
or thinks it is significant enough to warrant a bugzilla?