DejaVu fonts for Fedora Core 6 feedback call

Joel Rittvo joelonlinux at optonline.net
Sun Jul 9 00:22:53 UTC 2006

Tom Brinkman wrote:
> On 08 11:59:S, Joel Rittvo wrote:
>> Joel Rittvo wrote:

>>> Tom,
>>>
>>> See if this applet, that installs into the KDE Control Center's
>>> "Appearance and Themes" section, helps you any.
>>>
>>> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/gtk-qt
>>>
>>> Joel
>> I just noticed that you can get it as an rpm from Extras also.
>
>    OK, you talked me into it ;) 'yum install gtk-qt-engine'
>
>   BUT, as soon as I click on "GTK Styles and Fonts", kcontrol
> segfaults an disappears.

I am not running Rawhide or a test version right now, so there is
probably some incompatibility just for the moment there.  You might want
to try it again in a few days or weeks.  At least with the rpm, you can
remove it easily if it causes problems.

It actually lets you use any KDE style.  It has a "choice" to "use my
KDE styles with GTK applications" or you can specify another style for
it to use with GTK applications.  There is also a choice for having it
use your KDE fonts with GTK apps, or you can chose a different font.  It
is simply meant to be a way to get some settings automatically sent to
GTK apps from within a KDE desktop.  They can be similar settings or
different settings as you choose.  I do think it will solve 90% of your
issues, but obviously it will need to run correctly first!