Macbook Pro and Fedora Core Test 1

Nathan Grennan fedora-test-list at cygnusx-1.org
Sun Jul 2 05:45:56 UTC 2006

  I just got finished getting my Macbook Pro to tri-boot. It went very
smoothly once I found the right instructions. I did skip lilo and let
Fedora use grub. After I installed Fedora Core 6 Test 1 I installed
rEFit, which is an optional part of the instructions. rEFit looks very
nice, and works well.

  I got an error about apic. I had to use noapic on the next boot. After
a yum update and  a reboot the latest kernel, kernel-2.6.17-1.2336.fc6,
still oopsed on apic.

 I couldn't pick 1440x900, the default resolution for X. Interestingly
enough I could pick Generic 1440x900 LCD as the monitor. I picked
1280x800 for the resolution. I found Screen Resolution says the screen
is running at 1152x864 though. Sound works, at least with headphones.
Which pleasantly surprised me. Firstboot didn't reboot the machine after
I disabled SELinux. Wired networking worked out of the box.

  http://wiki.onmac.net/index.php/Triple_Boot_via_BootCamp