Anacond failure - solved?

G.Wolfe Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Wed Jul 5 03:06:12 UTC 2006

I;ve been having failures of anaconda the last few days.
It just quits and leaves no traces for debugging.

The only clue I had was that it seemed to be looking for a floppy device,
and I wondered if it was trying to dump its error log to floppy automagically.

So I inserted a floppy and tried again...
Eureka!

It continued past the point of failure and is now happily trying to resolve
dependencies.

The boot line was:
	linux askmethod noipv6

I selected an http install from a local mirror.

Celeron (Coppermine) @ 600 MHz   256MB RAM
VIA Chipset with everything on mobo
RTL ethernet, 160GB IDE disk
Trident Cyberblade/i1

all detected and working fine at this point.

The key was inserting a floppy in the drive.

--Wolfe