DejaVu fonts for Fedora Core 6 feedback call

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 5 22:56:43 UTC 2006

> >> A new font family is being proposed as the Fedora Core default. It
> >> probably impacts your language. Please tell us what you think about it:
> >>
> >> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fonts/DejavuFeedbackCall

I see on the wiki page, suse is listed as using these fonts by
default already. I have run suse, and one of the things I noticed
is that fonts are generally a lot less readable on suse. I have no
idea if that is due to the font family or some other problem
with the system suse uses to render fonts, but so far with
fedora, fonts have just mostly been the right size (except
firefox which for some reason defaults fixed font to a smaller
size that other fonts, but that's firefox's problem). I hope
that would continue to be the case.