DejaVu fonts for Fedora Core 6 feedback call

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Jul 12 00:25:30 UTC 2006

Tom Horsley <tomhorsley <at> adelphia.net> writes:
> On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 20:18 -0500, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> >    Nevermind, I'll just keep runnin g-f-p after login to fix Gnome
> > apps under KDE.
>
> You really can just run /usr/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon
> (which g-f-p will startup anyway) and then you don't get
> the gui you have to close.

An alternative is to just change the system-wide GTK+-internal font settings
in /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc or the per-user ~/.gtkrc (though that may be overwritten
by the GNOME theme setter, there's a no-edit warning on top of it). You can
insert something like this:
style "user-font"
{
font_name="Sans 12"
}
widget_class "*" style "user-font"

You can also change the theme, e.g. to Bluecurve. If you change it in the
system-wide gtkrc, even rhgb will honor it.

        Kevin Kofler