Suspend options disappeared

Uno Engborg uno at webworks.se
Sat Jul 15 13:10:39 UTC 2006

Andy Burns wrote:
> Leon Stringer wrote:
>
>> Now, after a yum update, the Suspend and Hibernate options have all
>> disappeared.
>
> Not just me then, more dumb^H^H^H^Hgnoming down :-(

My guess is that they were removed as a result of far too many systems
having broken ACPI functionality. E.g. It is quite annoying to have a
"Suspend" option in your places menu
that results in your system going to sleep, without ever waking up.

Given the current state of things, the best thing would be to not add
the suspend things to the places menu by default, but have some GConf or
control panel setting to enable them on systems where they actually work.

/uno