gdm error in current rawhide

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 19:25:27 UTC 2006

> > > And a related (?) message from /var/log/messages:
> > > Jul 14 06:50:58 osprey gdm[2204]: /usr/lib64/pkcs11/libcoolkeypk11.so:
> > > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> > This should be a harmless message.  It just means that it tried to use
> > the new smartcard security token support I added, but couldn't because
> > you don't have smartcard support installed on your system.
> >
> > It's a confusing message though, I should probably change it to
> > something like:
> >
> > "this system is not configured for smart card support, disabling..."
> >
> > or maybe just not log anything at all.
> >
> > --Ray
> >
> Just for the record. Does this newly added smart card support work with
> the OpenPGP smartcards by any chance?

Not sure, it should do. I have one at home but i haven't had a chance
to test it properly. It detects my openpgp smart card in my USB CCID
Card reader (O2Micro on a Dell D620 - with user bogus firmware option
turned on) as well as a couple of other cards I plugged in for testing
but I haven't had a chance to go through the rest of the procedure to
test (read/write etc).

Peter