GStreamer 0.10.8 in FC5

Benjy Grogan benjy.grogan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 15:36:29 UTC 2006

On 7/18/06, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/18/06, Benjy Grogan <benjy.grogan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Would it be possible to have GStreamer 0.10.8 available for testing on
> > FC5 in the updates-testing channel?  There are a few applications out
> > there for video editing that require a GStreamer greater than 0.10.6
> > because of the improved support for non-linear editing available in
> > the more recent releases.  0.10.8 is already in rawhide so maybe it's
> > a simple matter, or maybe not.  If the answer is no, are there any
> > plans at all to update GStreamer in FC5 in the near future?  Thanks,
> >
> > Benjy
>
> Why not go straight to the source?
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/pkg/fedora/5/

Thanks.  I put together a gstreamer.repo that let's yum do all the
work and all is good now:

# cat gstreamer.repo
[gstreamer-deps]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - GStreamer dependencies
baseurl=http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/pkg/fedora/5/0.10/i386/deps/
enabled=1

[gstreamer]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - GStreamer
baseurl=http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/pkg/fedora/5/0.10/i386/gst/
enabled=1

Benjy