CIFS or maybe Nautlis error?

Dr. Diesel dr.diesel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 23:08:07 UTC 2006

On FC6 up to the latest rawhide.

Not sure how to report this or even how to explain it!  Started about 1 to 2
weeks ago, I have had this same setup for 6+ months with no troubles.  I
have a folder mounted by fstab by the following command:

//***.***.***.***/main /main cifs
users,uid=500,gid=500,username=******,password=***** 0 0

When I try to open any of the folders with a large number of files (just
guessing over 1000 files) i get this error:

The folder contents could not be displayed.
Sorry, couldn't display all the contents of "folder name".

It is not a permissions error, I am sure of that.  Also, the entire /main
directory is mirrored to this FC6 machine and all of the large file folders
open fine.  Plus a windoze machine logging in with the same user/pass has no
problems!

Any ideas or additional info I can provide?

Thanks
Andy