install report 2006-07-25 - mixed results

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Wed Jul 26 20:25:00 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 10:19 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 03:28 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:

> > This may also have been noticed, but during the install when trying to
> > add a repository, it would only let me add a http or ftp URL, not file
> > or for anything local.  At least not file:// in any case.
>
> This is somewhat intentional right now as what file location do you have
> mounted that you're interested in?  I'm not against adding it, I just
> want to better understand the value first

My /home/nfs/download/linux/whatever dir's is it.  dir's=freshrpms,
extras, whichever subdir/repository that I want to do.  I mirror 2-3 of
them so I don't have to d/l them.

Mainly to do local mirrored repositories, via setup NFS.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Sex is like air, it's not important unless your not getting any!"