'Safely Remove' doesn't umount

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jul 29 09:33:32 UTC 2006

On Friday 28 July 2006 22:03, David Fletcher wrote:
> On Friday 28 July 2006 21:39, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > The desktop icon for my pen-drive has 'Safely Remove' on the menu, but
> > selecting that doesn't umount it, and there is no other entry to do so.
> > Are others seeing the same?
> >
> > Anne
>
> I'm using FC5 with KDE.

This is FC6test1 with kde, fully updated.

> Until recently "Safely Remove" used to leave the same i.e. the mounted icon
> on the desktop, but after "Safely Remove" was used the mount item appeared
> in the right click menu, so I assumed that it was just the icon that wasn't
> getting updated.
>
> When I tried it just now, the icon has been fixed so as far as I can tell
> it's working.

Selecting 'Safely Remove' starts lots of flickering on the pen-drive and the
laptop, but the icon remains, no mount or umount appears on the right-click
menu, and the drive can be opened in konqueror from the right-click menu -
obviously not umounted.

I need to know whether others see this, as I don't want to bugzilla if it's
specific to my system.

Anne