FC4 glibc broken

Stuart Anderson anderson at ligo.caltech.edu
Sun Jul 30 16:11:17 UTC 2006

> I added a comment to the new bug. I'm not clear as to whether the new glibc will make it into updates or not before the transition. Bugzilla does not make sense to me for some problem solutions. Fixed in rawhide should only be for those tracking development. If there is a fix that should make it to the release, it should be pushed to updates-testing. If the fix fixes the problem and does not break any other thing in updates-testing, it should be pushed to updates.
>
> So is FC4 and FC5 both broken regarding NIS? Maybe both should get a fix applied other than rawhide.
>
> Jim

The bug was reported against FC4 and there has been a fix (that works)
in FC4 updates-testing since May 9. The bugzilla was closed as a
duplicate of FC5 which was closed when a solution was in RAWHIDE.

Why has this fix languished in updates-testing for > 2 Months and
whom do I ask to get it pushed into updates?

Thanks.

Stuart Anderson  anderson at ligo.caltech.edu
http://www.ligo.caltech.edu/~anderson