Adventures with x86_64 FC6T1

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Thu Jun 22 08:27:47 UTC 2006

I have an Asus a8n-e motherboard with four SATA drives.
Installing FC6T1 was an adventure.  The install needs
a lot of poking around to install Fedora on the correct
drive and to get the boot written to the MBR of the
correct drive.  Even then I had to edit grub.conf to
correct the Windows boot.

The install would not accept DNS or gateway; I had to
fix that after the install.

I was able to set 1920x1200 24 bit color on the Nvidia
display, but dual head doesn't work.

Yum update is unhappy with missing dependencies:

Error: Missing Dependency: librpcsecgss.so.1()(64bit) is needed by
package nfs-utils
Error: Missing Dependency: libxklavier.so.10()(64bit) is needed by
package gnome-applets

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665